Saturday, May 2, 2009

YAY! MAY!

April was a busy month. Ready to slow it down. Here's some photos from my DC trip last week--I was on the ground for less than 48 hours, craziness, but I managed to snap a few photos. I was in DC for the release of this: Reinventing Transit -- peep the link and you can catch me on a video...classic!

high in the sky over the sierras

I wish I was a morning person, so I could soak up the morning sun more.
Here's the view from my hotel...

Spring was in full effect. Capitol Hill was covered in bright pink cherry blossoms and this tree greeted me each morning.


Founding Farmers
--a LEED certified, farmer owned, seasonal food restaurant SO good.
Hands down, best homemade english muffins. Ever.


I love architecture in DC.
So sad to see beautiful old buildings of a time gone by enveloped by bad 80s archiecture.




Founding Farmers is just three blocks from the White House...I headed around the back to the oceanic South Lawn

to see this little mound of dirt that is the most beautiful little vegetable garden--I wish I had a better zoom...but you can at least see how it is blessed by a tree loaded with cherry blossoms.

No comments: