Wednesday, July 23, 2014

found: morning walk

loving my morning garden walk after letting the chickens out. found today: first fat red noodle bean pair. and a feather, the streak of blue catching the sun just enough to catch my eye. 

Reminded me of other walker-collector-writers that inspire me. My friend Allison collects plastic on her daily dog walks (I love this piece she wrote on public space) and David Sedaris collects trash on the english countryside. 

Weighing urban vs rural lately. Wanting urban with a dose of rural. Or is it more that I'm not sure there's really any rural left? Is it all just in various stages of suburban transformation? it isn't just about finding a spot where I can dig my hands in the soil. and ride my bike to work. its about finding a place of nourishment. of community, soil, where slowness is accessible, but the pulse of the city/diversity/culture is there too. 

For now, loving these morning walks. Dew on the grass before the heat sets in. first bees of the day buzzing around me while I tuck tomatillo branches getting burdened with their green buds and shake the tall green bean trellises to rid them of their sleepy japanese beetles. 

No comments: