Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Blogging for what?

Read this old NYT Magazine article on the way home from AZ: Blog-Post Confidential. Made me totally question the existence of this blog and my own motives. The article is so self-indulgent and narcissistic--everything I don't like about blogging, most likely because I feel exactly like that when I do blog. Who gives a shit what I have to say, what I like, what I'm reading right now, or what photos I take? I don't really think about people reading my blog, my motives are to get me writing and taking photos for myself. I've been a habitual journaler forever, this seemed like a logical extension of that. Then I get excited about something and I decide to tell another friend that I have a blog. Then, every once in awhile I get a mysterious comment and I'm reminded that randoms do lurk this page. And then I start to feel silly and stupid for putting things up for the world to see. Maybe it's because I'm so new at this--I haven't done myspace or facebook, so I'm not used to putting a piece of myself out there. We'll see...

1 comment:

phatty albert said...

(I get the privilege of having the first lurker comment on this one.) I think blogging is a good way to see what's going on with your friends, what's on their mind. Listen to your self, not other. Love your pics.