Sunday, June 22, 2008

A weekend spent chasing the sun...


I can't get enough of taking these skyscape photos...

A warm SF weekend!
Celebrated the first weekend home in a while with sleeping-in (tragically, I can't seem to sleep in later than 10am...or maybe it's a good thing. It's enough to sleep later than 7am, just a couple of days a week). A run through GGPark--I'm still sore 24hours+ later. It's part of my new theme: it's all about health. A solo trip to the beach where I totally roasted. Beach adventures are only complete with a stop at the local cheese shop for beach provisions and the one-and-only Other Avenues for dinner fixins.

Celebrated the Solstice with an awesome Garden party where they fired up the cob oven, or should I just say the pizza oven. Yes, freshly baked pizza. Damn.

Finished the weekend with a Sunday trek to catch some sun in North Beach--great music at the Mission Cultural Center art fair in Jack Kerouac Alley and that echoed in the bookshelves at City Lights Bookstore. Followed by more pizza eating, beer drinking and people watching. I always forget that City Lights is one of the best bookstores in the city--with it's basement collection of People's History and it's world literature section, you find stuff you couldn't find anywhere else...


A new find from Green Apple...

Each piece featured in the magazine is amazing and brilliant. This one, Reminders, catalogs a father's daily notes to his children -- notes of hope, and joy, and full of so much love, and illustrations, that he slipped in their lunch boxes each and everyday. Everyday! I wonder how my outlook on life would be different if my every day included a lovingly crafted love letter. Does it get old?

No comments: