Monday, February 16, 2009

A beautiful little trip to Millennium.

I've been waiting for a long time to taste the delicious local, seasonal and all vegan menu at Millennium...it was a thoughtful gift from friends and well worth the wait.

Roasted Beet salad with a balsamic reduction and hazelnuts--I didn't miss the goat cheese!
White Bean Bruschetta served with thick wedges of toast and mustard kissed radicchio.

Hedgehog Mushroom+Roasted Veggie Pot Pie but the star was the side of brussel sprouts cooked to perfection in a blood orange/olive remoulade.


Seasonal sorbet served over blood oranges--I wish I could remember the flavor combinations...

I was partial to the starter plates, desserts, and their unique twists on simple seasonal vegetables. I'm not enough of a mushroom addict yet to really appreciate where they take them...but go and get a few starters with someone you love to share dishes with, revel in the reading the menu cover to cover cause their philosophy can't be beat.

No comments: