Sunday, February 17, 2008

Back from the Lone Star state.

Three days without my computer--unbelievable! I survived. Day 1 was a hellish day of delayed flights, too much time spent in airports, too much airport food and too few vegetables. Caught up on the New York Times, made progress on Invisible Man and read Tales of the City (almost as good as the miniseries, but to love either you have to have some nostalgia for San Francisco of the seventies)

I love that you can almost make out the curve of the Earth....

An epic rich blue took over as the sun set--this picture doesn't come close to showing it, but I wanted to make sure to remember it.

The Dallas aiport. Abandoned.

Day 2. All day meeting in the Austin office. Overlooking a wintry lake, it's sleeping trees full of birds. Basically an all day bitch-fest about how we can make our organization better. I hope we can actually enact change. It's so hard and slow going.The Austin crew set up an authentic Texan night out on the town. Started with Lone Stars and Shiner Bock's at Scholz' Garten.

A true Texas honky tonk--the Broken Spoke. I'm working on an IMovie of some of the two-stepping & live country music.

3 comments:

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆ said...

i wanted to post on all the new stuff but the connection was being weird so i'll just comment on this newest one. i love your blog & that photo of the bay bridge in the fog is amazing. will you send me the recipe too? 351 e. 4th st. #4a 10009

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ashley said...

Your blog totally inspires me! I'll make sure that you get an awesome recipe too. I want to do a recipe trade like the cd mix trade thing but haven't figured out how to do it yet....