Saturday, February 2, 2008

Life at the Embarcadero & a confession


I can't help it. I love watching how this view changes all day long, everyday. Sometimes there's tugboats, and sailboats, and huge ships loaded with shipping containers. Sometimes there's waves big and small, sometimes the water's smooth as glass. Sometimes the east bay hills are a vibrant green or covered in a sheet of fog or purple with the setting sun. Sometimes it's so grey you can't see five feet from the window, other times it's so crystal clear you can make out all the buildings on campus at Berkeley. I can't help it, there's going to be so many photos of this view.

My confession: I'm addicted to cookbooks. I read them, like a book sometimes. Where I go to get my fix: the library. Every library, no matter how small, has a killer cookbook section. I just discovered the cookbook section at SF's main library. Holy shit. It's ridiculous. New must have cookbook: World Vegetarian by Madhur Jaffrey. If you're in a cooking rut. If you're feeling creatively challenged. If you want everything from making a simple meal to learning how to make your own tempeh. If you just want a great cookbook. Check. It. Out.

No comments: